Back in 2019, these completely neutral political observers took it upon themselves to organize something called the Transition Integrity Project (TIP), bringing together a "bipartisan" group of politicos to simulate four different scenarios "aimed at identifying potential risks to the integrity of the 2020 election and transition process."
And who, exactly, did Brooks and Gilman bring on board for this totally bipartisan endeavour?
Oh, just concerned and distinterested political observers like John "Pizzagate" Podesta, Donna "DNC Rigger" Brazile, William "Neocon" Kristol and David "Axis of Evil" Frum.
See? It was a totally bipartisan effort involving deep state operatives from both sides of the phoney left/right political spectrum!
The four scenarios that the group simulated were as follows:
• Scenario A: Democratic party candidate Joe Biden wins both the popular vote and the Electoral College by a healthy margin;
• Scenario B: Biden wins both the popular vote and the Electoral College by a narrow margin;
• Scenario C: President Trump wins the Electoral College vote by a narrow margin, but loses the popular vote by a healthy margin;
• Scenario D: The winner of the election was not known as of the morning after the election and the outcome of the race was too close to predict with certainty.
The report that they produced this past August (and which the controlled corporate media dutifully fawned all over) lays out in black and white the exact (organized) chaos that we have seen play out over the last few days, noting that:
• The concept of "election night," is no longer accurate and indeed is dangerous.
• A determined campaign has opportunity to contest the election into January 2021.
• The administrative transition process itself may be highly disrupted.
The first part of their prediction has already started to unfold: "We anticipate lawsuits, divergent media narratives, attempts to stop the counting of ballots, and protests drawing people from both sides.
President Trump, the incumbent, will very likely use the executive branch to aid his campaign strategy, including through the Department of Justice."